Thursday, October 15, 2009

Casual Sex? Never Heard of It.

I watch CNN and I'm shocked at the things I didn't know existed.  Turns out there are millions of people having sex with no strings attached.  According to the news:

  • At least half of the employees at any given office are having affairs.
  • Teens sleep with anyone who texts them the word "sex?" Or at least will e-mail you a naked photo if you ask.
  • If you go out to a club you're going to go home with someone.
  • Every celebrity will have sex with anyone, no questions asked.  This goes double for Lindsay Lohan.
From what I have gathered in my life, this is all baloney.  Who are these people?

It's possible I've been oblivious but I've worked in offices for years and not seen anyone sleeping with or even dating anyone else in the office.  Certainly no one has ever slept with me while on the clock.  I've heard of people hooking up with co-workers but it can't be nearly as prevalent as the news would like to suggest.

I worked with teens not so long ago.  You'd think if they were all hyper-sexed they'd try something with me.  No, never.  Most teens are as confused and nervous about sex as I was when I was a teen.  There's been no serious shift in culture.  There are slutty teens like when I was a kid but most are terrified and have no idea what's going on.

I've been to dozens of clubs and I've at most made out with a few girls.  Maybe I've gone home with a couple but almost all say the same thing, "I don't have casual sex."  Now it's possible I'm not persuasive enough or pushy enough but you'd think more than one or two would have put out.  

As for celebrities I have no way of knowing.  Despite living in Southern Cali I don't run into many.  So that last one might be true.

This rash of casual sex going on in the world seems to be a made up phenomenon.  People have sex but they like to have some sort of connection.  The girls I've managed to have actual one night stands with were all girls I'd probably have dated if I had met them in different contexts.  We all had connections.  

Now it's possible I hang out with the wrong crowd and there are a billion girls who have no problems opening their legs for you.  Maybe a few of them can e-mail me... because everyone I meet would like to talk, go out and get to know each other before sex and as a man with a wife and a kid that ain't going to happen.

1 comment:

  1. I suspected my wife of cheating on me but I never had any proof. This went on for months, I didn't know what to do. i was so paranoid and decided to find a solution, i saw a recommendation about a private investigator and decided to contact him. I explained the situation about my wife to him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him all the informations he required and afterwards i received all my wife’s phones Text messages and calls, I was hurt when i saw a picture of my wife and her lover. I feel so bad about infidelity. but i am glad Mr james was able to help me get all this information, you can contact him via email(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete